Counselors/Volunteers...Thank you for your interest in volunteering for children with spina bifida at Camp TLC. This camp is sponsored by the The Spina Bifida Association of North Texas, with medical care co-ordinated by the medical staff at Texas Scottish Rite Hospital spina bifida clinic. To staff our residential summer camp for a week each June, SBANT recruits approximately 45 volunteers who are at least 18 years old to stay in the cabins with the campers. Our volunteers range in age and experience from high school graduates to retired business people.
It is always our goal to staff our camp with qualified volunteers and medical team. We welcome family members such as siblings, aunts, uncles and cousins to apply. We do have a policy that we do not place family members in the same cabin with their camper. We do on occasion accept parents of campers but it is not our preference as we feel it is a great opportunity for campers to learn more independence and provide them with new experiences and social interactions.
- Must be 18 years of age and completed high school
- Complete an online application and 30 minute Phone interview
- Consent to a criminal background check (VERIFYI form) & 3 reference checks
- Provide immunization records or a waiver agreeing you have been immunized
- Agree and Commit to our Release and Consent Form & Code of Ethics
- Take an on-line camp-specific sexual abuse training (required every 2 years)
- Attend 3 hour pre camp training - Saturday Morning, June 8th - and continues at camp in the afternoon through Sunday, June 9th prior to camper arrival.