Counselors/Volunteers...We will start accepting applications on 02/01/2019
Thank you for your interest in volunteering for children with spina bifida at Camp TLC. This camp is sponsored by the The Spina Bifida Association of North Texas, with medical care co-ordinated by the medical staff at Texas Scottish Rite Hospital spina bifida clinic. To staff our residential summer camp for a week each June, SBANT recruits approximately 45 volunteers who are at least 18 years old to stay in the cabins with the campers. Our volunteers range in age and experience from high school seniors to retired business people.
- Must be 18 years of age and completed high school
- Complete an online application and 30 minute Phone interview
- Consent to a criminal background check (VERIFYI form) & 3 reference checks
- Provide immunization records or a waiver agreeing you have been immunized
- Agree and Commit to our Release and Consent Form & Code of Ethics
- Take an on-line camp-specific sexual abuse training (required every 2 years)
- Attend 3 hour pre camp training - Saturday Morning, June 8th - and continues at camp in the afternoon through Sunday, June 9th prior to camper arrival.